My six-year healing quilt
While engaged in intensive outpatient care after a second unsuccessful suicide attempt I picked up crocheting again, and learned how to knit and read knit/crochet patterns. Thumbing through pattern books at Michaels I found an interesting pattern. It was rated easy to medium difficulty so I bought the book.
- Your heart is broken, I know.
- It’s painful, I know.
- I love you so much I want to repair your heart.
- Heart repair takes time, and right now you and I have nothing but time.
- As you knit this blanket together so also am I knitting your heart back together.
- Each stitch is made with love, because I made and love you.
- I’m right beside you.
- You are a part of a larger heavenly quilt and purpose.
- You are important to me.
- It’s a lot of work putting this together, I know.
- There’s no hurry.
- I enjoy spending time with you, my beloved.
|A feature of this blanket is the hood or foot pocket I created.
It wasn’t part of the original pattern. I call this co-creating.
|Max as Cousin It.
My first afghan
|Birth of my daughter’s afghan knit with love just for her.|
I love the arts and am thankful for the much-needed brain break.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to Boricua Confidential!
ABOUT BORICUA CONFIDENTIAL©™
Boricua Confidential chronicles my new life as a single mom of two kids after my husband died from cancer on our son’s seventh birthday. Join me on this journey of change, revival, reformation, discovery and new direction ordered of God. Being a widow ain’t easy, that’s for sure. I refuse to rollover and die. Quite the contrary. I intend to thrive from this crazy life. You can’t keep this woman down. If I’m down, I won’t be for long.
God created me to bounce back. Watch me.